Conduct in the work area:
- Arrive early to class and stretch out properly.
- No food allowed in the workout area.
- Water bottles are allowed in the work area (make sure you take care of
your water bottle following class)
- No free sparring or weapons use without permission and/or supervision of a black belt.
- Practice weapons only in designated areas.
- No breaking without black belt supervision.
- Respect your equipment, use kick bags and shields with a partner only
- Chairs are for guests only.
- Always bow towards the flags when entering or exiting the main workout
- Line up immediately upon the instructor's command.
- The higher ranking belts lines up left to right.
- Students of the same rank line up by date promoted; if promoted on the same date, by age. (oldest to youngest)
- Students arriving after class begins will line up in the back of the room, regardless of
- Students without a proper Gi (pants, top, and belt) will line up in the
back of the room.
- Maintain proper lines and discipline with students in front of and aside you.
- Avoid speaking out in line, unless asked a question by the instructor.
- If you have a question, raise your hand, and wait to be recognized.
- At the end of each form, stay in the chun bi position until the instructor
- A strap and protective cup is required equipment for all male students.
- Mouth guards are recommended during sparring.
- No other protective equipment is required for class use, although it
may be required for tournaments.
- Uniforms (Gi's) are required for formal workouts.
- Students shall keep their Gi's clean and presentable.
- Uniforms in poor or tattered condition must be replaced.
- A school patch is a required part of the uniform.
- Gi pants and appropriate T-shirt are acceptable during informal workouts only.
- Women will wear a proper shirt under their Gi top, men will not wear a shirt beneath theirs.
- Workouts are traditional. Students train in bare feet, shoes will be worn
only for medical reasons.
- Respect your belt, Never place it on the floor. Your belt should only be
worn only during class times or class sponsored activities.
- This is your school. Have pride in it and pick up after yourself.
- Do not place your hands on your hips or cross your arms. This is a sign of
- During forms if two students are on a collision course, the
ranking belt has the right of way. The lower ranking student will hold position and continue when the way is clear.
- Address black belts using Sir or Ma'am, or by Mr or Ms, followed by their last name
- As a sign of respect, do not openly criticize, or correct a
higher ranking belt. If you have any questions concerning this ask a Black Belt or Master Higgins
- Checkouts, in advance of formal testing, may be formal or may happen while in line. Always be prepared.
- Test fees are payable before testing.
- Family members are welcome to and encouraged to view testings.
- Students may invite guests to observe classes.